Oh you guys I am so excited to share today’s DIY with you – giant animal wall stickers that I made with removable wallpaper for the girls bedroom! And the best thing, I am included free animal printable for you guys so you can just make these at home in just a few easy peasy steps – if you can trace and cut, you can easily do this! The girls went absolutely nuts when I put these up on their walls, and I loved them so much too that I had to put a couple flamingos in my own bedroom
You guys loved the pics of my wallpapered living room and entrance + tips I shared a couple weeks ago – that removable wallpaper is seriously DA bomb and I just had to use it upstairs too! A while back I saw these giant animal stickers, but they are only available in the Netherlands (and a bit expensive for my wallet) – and so there I went finding a way to make my own. And I am so happy that Spoonflower, the company that sells the removable wallpaper I used downstairs agreed to jump with me on this projects and send me a few 1/2 rolls of gorgeous wallpaper to try out my idea!
When I asked the girls what animals they wanted in their bedroom, the first thing they screamed was: “A UNICORN!!!!!”. Poor little girls, they still think that we’re going to see unicorns next time we go to the zoo. I keep telling them they don’t really exist, but it just goes out the other ear They also asked for a bambi and some flamingos….which I am really glad they did because I wanted some for myself So there, we ended up doing a tower of unicorn/bambi/flamingo on one wall, and I put another bambi and a mama rabbit with her babes in another wall
Now – I know these stickers are more geared towards little girls. Would you guys by chance be interested in another round of giant stickers, more “boy” friendly stickers? Thinking bears, lions, foxes, etc – although really I know my girls would be happy with all these animals…..anyway, let me know what animal you’d like in the comment section if I do a round 2 for you guys
1. Download the printable of the animal you want and print out the pdf – download links right after the “how to” section.
2. Assemble the printed animals like a puzzle using the numbers to make the shape of the animal, then cut out the outline and attach the pieces together with tape so that you have one big animal (skip this step for the rabbits & cat).
3. Put your animal on your wallpaper and draw the outline on your wallpaper. For the unicorn, you will need to cut two pieces of wallpaper side my side as it’s the widest animal. Make sure to align the pieces of wallpaper and tape them together to get the pattern right before you start tracing/cutting. Another tip: I like to use the front of the wallpaper so that I know that I am aligning with the pattern correctly. Use a pencil rather than a pen so you can erase any visible line if needed.
4. Cut out your animal in the wallpaper.
5. Spray water on the back of your animal to activate the glue, and apply your sticker on a dry, clean wall. Tip: to avoid air bubbles smooth the first stroke down the centre & smooth outwards from here. If you see a bubble forming, simply lift the wallpaper just beyond the bubble & re-smooth over.
6. Et voila, you’re done!
Please note: These animal templates are free for personal use only, not for commercial use. You can print as many as you like for yourself or as a gift to someone, but you are not allowed to sell these in digital or print form, nor to distribute it in its original or in an altered form.
If you’d like to share some images of these giant wall stickers, on Pinterest, social media, in a blog post… Well, thank you so much! Please feel free to use some images, but please credit and link back to this page. Please do not distribute the calendar from your site and please do not link directly to the file- instead, please link back to this page. Thank you so much!
Disclaimer: Spoonflower partnered with me for this post and provided me with a few rolls of wallpaper. I received no compensation. All ideas and thoughts in this post are my own. All pictures by This Little Street.