the truth is black and white

Once in a while, I’ll ditch colors and get lost in a sea of black and white. There is something so simple, so serene about it. The yoga of interior design is the way I see it :) and oh, how much this let’s you play with patterns and textures. I never stay away from my beloved colors for too long, but every now and then – it’s like hitting the reset button and looking at life with a different perspective. A new truth. Happy Wednesday, friends!

PS: Also, this house might be the perfect combo of black and white mixed with colors!

1.2. | 3. | 4. | 5. | 6.

{this little shop} Snug studio
{live here, eat that} pastel dreams
{like mother, like daughter} sweet triangles
{like mother, like daughter} when life gives you lemons...
Comments
8 Responses to “the truth is black and white”
  1. Savage Seeds says:

In Love with the raindrop dresser!

Right?! Also love the ‘The Sky is the limit” sign and the Don’t grow up poster – thinking about getting that poster to put somewhere by the baby’s bed in our little nursery corner :) xx

2. You and me both, for as much as I love color it is nice to take a little break every once in a while!

3. Bethany says:

I love everything I see here. I always default to black and white. And yes, the patterns!!! Love.

I am going a bit pattern-crazy these days, Bethany! Can’t. Get. Enough. Also, I just realized I’ve been focusing on adding colors to our new house since we moved in, but forgot to bring some balance with black and white – I actually really miss all the white we had in our apartment in NYC. So more white, here we come :)

4. Lucie Hellberg says:

Hello Audrey,
    remember me, I was the one from Germany who wanted to build a new kitchen. We are almost done, and it finally got black…I will send you some pictures as soon as it is completely finished. So I thought it is very funny that in all your colours you liked some black and white…
    I wish you all the best for the new year, so exciting with the baby, we are also getting our second one in April,
    all the best from Germany,
    Lucie

Lucie – of course I remember you!! So funny, I was actually thinking of you the other day and wanted to email you to see how the house is progressing. I can’t wait to see what you’re doing with it, please do send some pictures when all finished :) And good luck with baby #2, it’s seems like 2014 is going to be a busy year for you too ;) Take care, Audrey