Inspired by this poster, I asked some of my favorite bloggers about their crazy dreams. Visiting Alexa and Kirby’s blog, The Short and the Sweet of It, always leaves me with a smile on my face…and I bet it would do the same thing for you! Thanks for sharing your pretty dream with my readers, Alexa!
Hello sweet readers of This Little Street! When Audrey asked me to be a part of this series, I immediately knew what I was going to pick as my “If I Could Do Anything” dream. I would pack up my family and move to Paris. When Jordan of Oh Happy Day did this exact thing with her husband and two sons, I thought: that would be so hard and so incredibly awesome at the same time. Imagine to live in different country, where English is not the first language. Where there are museums and art and culture, where you ride bikes everywhere and eat croissants for breakfast everyday without getting fat. Okay, realistically this last thing probably would not happen, but what is it with those Parisian girls anyway; always looking fabulous?
I know it would not always be glamorous, and it would be hard to leave friends and family behind. It would be a challenge and one that I wouldn’t mind taking for at least a year. Retreating from your comfort zone is hard, but usually worth it in the end. I’ve compiled a list of things that I would “put in my shopping bag” if I moved to the City of Light.
1. Chic Clothes. I would probably not be able to wear sweats 24/7 as I do here (kidding, kind of), so since we’re all in my dream here, I would shop at Emerson Made, J. Crew and Anthropologie for some great French inspired styles.
2. Matine has the cutest clutches and totes. Pretty sure I could go the flower markets in Paris with that gold polka dot bag and be perfectly happy.
3. Obviously I would eat one macaroon a day from Laduree. Duh.
4. I would stop by the flower markets every weekend to buy bright blooms for the home. Because that’s what you do when you live in Paris.
6. I would buy a bike. (For the record I cannot for the life me ride a bike, but if we moved to Paris it would be a good opportunity to re-teach myself).
7. Bensimon footwear, because it’s French, cute and casual – three of my favorite things.
Thanks for having me over Audrey! As it happens I am leaving for Paris in a couple of days for a week-long vacation, but pop over to the Short and the Sweet of It to say hi anytime! xo