Image source: airmail from the UK by Merissa Revestir.
I used to love sending snail mail. And receiving it. First there was the anticipating,
stalking waiting patiently for the mailman. Then, recognizing your friends handwriting on the envelope. Ripping the envelope open. Feeling the paper under your fingers. And every now and then there would be that little surprise they included – some pictures or a piece of candy. What happened to all that? Even simple things like writing hand-written thank you notes is something I rarely do. Now I only seem to be mailing checks to my landlord and the occasional postcard when we go on vacation. Guess my landlord should fell pretty lucky. I am not very nostalgic about many things as I pretty much adore the digital age….but snail mail, boy do I miss that!
So, who’s with me to bring snail mail back to life?
1. Love these Kraft heart stickers by Knot & Bow. Pretty (and easy) way to seal an envelop!
2. DIY heart pop-up card by Minico. Because there’s not better time than now to tell someone people love them, whether they are close or far.
3. I’m addicted to washi tape to decorate presents and envelopes! Pastel striped washi tape at Zakka Lover.
4. The most colorful string and tie envelopes, via Poppies for Grace. Couldn’t help but smile if I got one of these in my mailbox
5. Because you’ll need one with all that snail mail you’re gonna get Adorable birdie paper knife at A+R store.
6. Too cute! Snail mail stamp by Wit & Whistle.