Image source unknown.
Or rather, let’s make THE list!
It’s been a rough week around here. Not necessarily bad, but I am exhausted. All. The. Time. No energy. I am not sure why, probably physical therapy for my knee – they’ve had me work at it pretty hard. Hopefully next week is better so I can find more energy to write and do things with my baby girls! Earlier this week, I ran into Nicole’s Lovely Life list, and loved everything about it – I’ve been wanting to create my own bucket list for a while, and seeing hers reminded me it was about time I do it!…and there it is! That list will probably change with time, but at least it will help me focus on all these dreams – it’s so easy to get caught up in the teeny weeny details of everyday life.
What about you, do you have a bucket list? What’s on it? I’m curious Have a lovely weekend!
Live in the Bay area
• Have a backyard movie night with friends
• Become genuinely friends with someone famous
• Take an extended vacation
• See all of the movies on this list
• Change someone’s life
• Live in the same city as my best friend
• Attend an official TED conference
• Plant a garden and tend to it with great care
• Visit all five continents (
Asia, Africa, Antarctica, Europe, North America, South America)
• Take a road trip around Iceland
• Stand in front of Saint Basil’s Cathedral in Moscow
• Rent a house in Tuscany, ride bikes and drink wine
• See the Northern Lights
• Throw a dart at a map and go wherever it lands
• Take a road trip across the US
• Take a boat down the Amazon river
JUST PLAIN FUN
• Make a giant paint-by-numbers painting on a wall with my kids
• Wear a sequined dress to a party
• Be part of a flash mob
• Go tree camping
• Release floating lanterns with friends and family
• Go to a drive-in movie
• Go on a no-budget shopping spree
Go on a hot air balloon ride
• Make something big from scratch, like a piece of furniture
• Organize a dinner party on the beach
• Organize a dinner party in an orchard or in a vineyard
• Marry the love of my life again. And again.
Have another baby. And then maybe another
• Make family photo albums every year
• Attach a lock to a love bridge with hubby
• Plant a family tree
• Travel with the kids to France and Scandinavia often so that they know their roots.
• Go ice skating together
• Go diving together
• Put together a family cookbook
• Create and bury a time capsule.
• Get family portraits taken by Jose Villa.
• Buy our first home
• Decorate each room with care, intention and a bit of boldness
• Have a library with a rolling ladder
• Have a reading nook
• Display my kids artwork in the house
• Play the guitar
• Play the piano
• Learn to sew clothes for myself
• Learn Danish so I can speak it with my kids when they are older
• Get back to horseback riding
• Learn to do my hair in cute, easy styles so I can drop the everyday ponytail
PROFESSIONAL / CAREER
• Learn about design (graphic, interior, fashion)
Attend an Alt Summit conference
• Start my own business
• Publish a book
• Collaborate with someone on a creative project
• Start a charitable organization/foundation to support children’s creativity
• Design something and have it sold in stores
• Decorate someone else’s home from top to bottom
• Make enough money to support my family