Image source: London 2012 series by photographer Gideon Hart.
I’m not a sports kinda girl. That is, outside of the Olympic Games – because as soon as the games roll in, I transform into a sports lunatic, spending my time cheering and screaming and hoping. Isn’t there something a bit magical about throwing hundreds of athletes from all over the world into one city? And the best thing about having lived in so many countries is that I can shamelessly and conveniently switch what country I want to cheer for depending on what sports they are good at. hehe. So between France, the US, Ireland, and Denmark…it’s like I quadruple my chances to be cheering for a winning team. Please don’t judge me for having no allegiance when it comes to sports
Happy Olympics, friends!
1. Circle center garland by GFetti for those of you planning on hosting a little Olympics party.
2. Grecian goddess headband by Nest Pretty Things. Because, clearly, you do need a fashionable cheering outfit for the games.
3. Vintage one piece swimsuit at This Vintage Girl. Swimming (along with gymnastics) is one of my favorite sports to watch. So much action packed in so little time!
4. The world is in your hand globe at Phat Heads.
5. These little star cake toppers by Mille Gru di carta are just instant celebration!
6. and 7. The Olympics around you neck. Bubble olympic ring necklace by Viola’s Boutique and British bunting flag necklace by Jackdaw.