Photography by Anson Smart, styled by Lara Hutton for Country Style Australia.
I can feel it. It’s coming. It’s in the air everywhere. If I close my eyes for a minute I can almost touch it. Spring is near, my friends! Oh, I know, it’s all very subtle still, but if you stop rushing through your day and take a minute to (really) look outside your window, I bet you will see it too. Unless you live in Alaska that is. Dear Spring, how I’ve missed you! I am dreaming about beautiful Paris in the Spring. A romantic weekend getaway, doing nothing else but sitting at little cafes, picking a bouquet of flowers at the little shop across the street, walking through the lovely streets of Montmartre, having picnics by the river and watching thousands of lights turn on as the sun slowly falls. Even though I know that my friends who actually live in Paris will tell me that this is B.S. because Paris in the Spring is more about rain and grey skies than anything else. Whatever. I’ll keep my pretty dreams, thank you very much friends.
So, what do you think, are you in for a little getaway? If so, you might want to pick up a thing or two before you leave….sprinkles of pink, dashes of mint and lots of flowers, and you’re set!
1. First, pick up a bag – wouldn’t this gorgeous weekender by Star Bags be perfect to escape for a couple of days?
2. I would feel so pretty in the streets of Paris wearing this lovely grey rose necklace by Nest Pretty Things.
3. We’ll fly away. Hot air balloon print by Bonjour Frenchie.
4. For a lazy Sunday morning. Breakfast in bed of course! Teal butterfly camiknickers by Swoon.
5. Add a little cardigan, maybe even a little hat to this lovely vintage-inspired dress by Jennifer Lilly and you’re set!
6. Such a lovely flower crown by Whichgoose!
7. And more flowers for your hair with this beautiful silk rosette headband by Brydferth.