A couple of days ago I was going through photographs from last summer and found these from a lovely Sunday when we had an impromptu lunch party in my parent’s garden in France with a bunch of our friends. It was simple and filled with laughter. It was lovely all around. I have been moving so much with my hubby and little girls these past few years, and rare are the days like that one when we can enjoy the company of our very best friends, and just relax in the shade of the walnut tree while the kids are running around in the garden. When these days come around we hug them, and kiss them, and hold them tight until we’ve squeezed all the happiness we can get out of them.
I won’t lie, looking at pictures made me miss my friends. And warm summer days. And it made me crave for a big bouquet of happy yellow flowers like the one I made that day out of the flowers I found in my mother’s garden. That yellow, it is quite magical, don’t you think? It’s like a big bowl of concentrated happiness. Yellow is like the best friend that shows up at your doorstep with a big smile – and it will make your day every time, no matter what.
So, ladies and gentlemen, inspired by this big happy bouquet of happiness from my summer in France, I present to you a list of little treasures that will help you add a little hello yellow to your life. Happy Monday, friends!
1. Bright yellow AND hot pink? It doesn’t get any better than that! Union Jack Pillow by Karen Hilton Designs.
2. This yellow little piggy gets a smile out of me every time. Ceramic pig planter in lemon yellow by Fruit Fly Pie.
3. Don’t you just love looking at a little vase filled with ranunculus when the warm days arrive? Well, until these lovely flowers are in bloom, you can enjoy this beautiful photograph by Jackie Rueda.
4. Flying happiness. Lovely print by Blanca Gomez.
5. Because it is common knowledge everything is just better when you are wearing flowers in your hair. Sunflower Yellow Birdcage Veil by Amanda Archer.
6. A little bit of sunshine for your wrist. Lovely leather bracelet by Son of a Sailor.
7. Hello yellow. Literally. Hello wood sign made from recycled wood by Oh Dier.